Wine Wherever iPhone Apps: A Closer Look
Taste Now--Remember Later!
(NOTICE: this new combined app is now available for $1.99. The original 13 individual regional Wine Wherever apps do not possess several of the features listed below. They will be removed from the app store as soon as the new combined app is available.)
The new release combines 13 existing regional Wine Wherever apps--featuring nearly 2,000 wineries and hosting an array of journaling, mapping and coupon features--into a single app covering the most popular wine regions in the United States.
WARNING NOTICE: If you have journal entries on a current Wine Wherever regional app, they will be lost if you update to the new combined Wine Wherever app. To keep you current wine journal entries, DO NOT update your app. Simply go to the app store and download the new Wine Wherever app (the old apps will be removed from the store as soon as the new combined app is available). Then continue to reference your old app's journals until you can transfer them to the new app.
The Wine Wherever app has received great reviews from major magazines and daily newspapers, broadcast media and on-line venues including Sunset Magazine, LA Weekly, thedrinknation.com and Mashable.com.
CALIFORNIA: Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles, Santa Barbara, Sierra Foothills, Central Valley, North Coast, Mid-Coast and South Coast; OTHER U.S. STATES: Washington, Oregon, New York and Texas. There is no charge to the wineries to be listed in the Wine Wherever app, and we are constantly adding new regions and wineries.
1. Update your device.
2. Download our newest greatest updated app and enjoy!
3. If you already have one of our Wine Wherever apps please BE AWARE that your previous Journal Entries will not be transferred to the new app. Better to download the new app and keep the old app for referencing your earlier journal entries.
After a full day of wine tasting, how many times have you asked yourself, “What was the name of that great wine we tasted at the first winery?” No more need to wonder, as our Wine Wherever app will remember for you!
The Wine Wherever app lists nearly 2,000 winery tasting rooms open to the public (no appointment-only wineries) located throughout California, Oregon, Washington, New York and Texas. New wineries are added regularly. The app includes great features such as winery contact buttons (website and phone) and one of the best wine journaling functions anywhere! You can quickly log your tasting adventures, creating your own wine journal to help you recall your favorite wine tasting escapades! The app works on both the iPhone and iPad.
Each of the app’s regions include digital coupons from participating wineries and other businesses for discounted tasting fees, merchandise and more. New coupons are added regularly, while others change monthly.
The Wine Wherever app includes many great features:
- NEW FEATURE! Full list of wineries (nearly 2,000 and growing!) open to the public (no appointment-only wineries)
- Lists nine major California wine regions, plus Oregon, Washington, Texas and New York
- A powerful search function makes it easy to find wineries alphabetically or search via “Nearby Wineries,” “City,” or “Region.”
- DIGITAL COUPONS: Each region includes digital coupons offering special discounts at wineries, restaurants, businesses and more (CLICK HERE for coupon advertising information for you business)
- Show your digital coupon on your device to the business and receive the advertised offer
- NEW FEATURE! When opened, the app advises you when you get within 5 miles of a coupon offering
- View all coupons in each wine region on a single list
- Contact information for each winery, including instant access to their websites and telephone numbers
- Handy “Map it!” feature to see where nearby wineries are located
- Connect to iPhone’s Google Maps for driving directions
- Awesome journaling function with a pull-down varietal list, bottle rating system, journaling section and photo input
- Above journaling function entries that are saved under “My Journals” and “Favorites” can be reviewed for later reference
- Easy access to Facebook, Twitter and e-mail for sharing your tasting adventures
- List of winery associations and tourist information with contact info
- New to tasting? Check “Stephanie Says!” for tasting etiquette and tips
- Fun conversation starters for helping novice wine tasters break the ice at tasting rooms
- “Contact Us” page to help keep the database updated for you and your fellow wine tasters
- Winery information updated instantly when app is opened
To learn more about the Wine Wherever app, Wine Wherever winery-destination book series, and the upcoming winery-travel destination television show, plus interviews with winery owners and winemakers (and some of their favorite recipes), visit www.WineWherever.com. If you have concerns or feedback about this app, please contact Wine@WineWherever.com.
For information about advertising your winery or nearby business Coupon on our Wine Wherever iPhone apps CLICK HERE.
Search for wineries by name, city, region or by your favorites. While at your favorite winery, add photos and instantly contact your friends to join you!
GPS and Winery Info
Using GPS mapping, each app will show you the location of nearby winery tasting rooms open to public (no "appointment-only" wineries are included). Tap one of two buttons and call the winery directly or connect to their website where you can check for special events and hours of operation.
Wine Journals, Bottle Ratings and Photos
Love a particular wine? Then tap the Journal button and you can add notes about your wine, make it a favorite, and even use the fun bottle-rating system to give it a score for future reference.
You can add photos to your journals, maybe of a special bottle of wine or of you and friends enjoying a spectacular winery and tasting room!
Are you new to the wine-tasting scene and not sure how to converse with other wine lovers or tasting room staff? Haven't visited many wineries and aren't sure of the "rules?" Just pop into "Conversation Starters" and you'll be all set! But don't stop there: tasting-room etiquette can be found under "Stephanie Says!" where you'll learn the DOs and DON'Ts when it comes to wine tasting.